Cos i went to wrap the cake tin with a alumimum foil to prevent leakage. (hahah ... me really 画蛇添足) By doing that my cake base was not probably bake only the top layer can be eaten.
Another mistake i made was, i forgot to add in the flour just before pouring the batter into the bake tin. (aiyo so forgetful... sign of age). Thanksfully the result of the cake still turn out well, though with some hipcup here and there.
I uses Rei, Alex Goh recipe and modifiy a little here and there and now becomes like this ...
4 eggs yolks
30g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
40g canola oil (alternative choice veg / corn oil)
130g UHT milk
3 tbsp Milo
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
* 120g cake flour
* 1/2 tbsp baking powder
* sift 2 x
5 egg whites
80g castor sugar } mix
1/2 tsp cream of tartar }
- Mix (A) until well blend. Add (B) and mix well
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites in (C) until soft peaks form. Add in sugar & cream of tartar. Continue whipping until stiff (this process should be very quick)
- Take 1/4 of the meringue and mix with the egg yolk mixture from step (1) until well combined. Add the remaining meringue and mix well.
- Pour the batter into food cake tin and bake at 170c for 40-45 mins
- Immediately remove from oven and invert the pan and let it cool
- When it is cool, remove it from the mould