Thursday, January 29, 2009
- Using hand whisk mix (A) until well blended. Add (B) and mix well
- On a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks from using high speed until foamy. Add sugar & cream of tartar, continue whipping until stiff (like snow) * Don't overbeat and this process are done in a very quick manner.
- Quickly use a spatula take 1/4 of the meringue and slowly fold into the egg yolk mixture in the earlier bowl. Mix until well combine. Finally add in the remaining meringue and mix well
- Pour mixture into an ungreased chiffon tin and bake for about 40-45 mins @ 170c. * Bake at the lower rack (i used 4 mini chiffon tins fm Daiso and 1 smaller PH mini chiffon tin)
- Immediately turn tin over on a cake rack to cool before loosening cake
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
600g Popiah wrapper
100g minced meat (stir fry)
2 med size turnips (shredded)
1 carrot (shredded)
1 yellow tau kua (diced & fry)
300g french beans (sliced) (桂豆)
Some Crispy prawn chilli
Some sweet sauce
1 cucumber (shredded)
Some fresh lettuces
crushed sweet candied peanuts (花生糖)
small cooked prawn (halve)
some fried chinese sausage (sliced)
some bean sprout
- Slice shallots, deep fry in hot oil till fragrant.
- Add in turnips to stir fry, follow by french beans. Finally add the rest of the ingredient like minced meat, tau kua. Add appropriate amount of soya sauce to taste.
- Put some sweet sauce & chilli (optional), peanuts on the popiah wrapper. Add in your choice ingredient B & spoon in cooked filling. Top with shredded cucumber
- Roll up the popiah wrapper, fold up the sides and roll tightly. Serve at once
Monday, January 26, 2009
Here's the recipe :-
50g icing sugar
1/2 egg yolk
1/4tsp vanilla essence
125g plain flour
30g corn flour
1/4tsp baking powder
100g ground cashew nuts
* extra cashew nuts for decorate & egg wash to brush over
- Sift plain, corn flour & baking powder together and set aside
- Cream butter with icing sugar till light
- Add in egg yolk & vanilla essence. Mix well
- Stir in dry ingredients and ground cashew nuts. Mix well. Chill dough in fridge for 40 mins
- Shape dough into a small ball and place half cashew nut on top of cookes and brush over with the egg wash
- Bake at 180c for 15mins
Cookie spooning in Progress, with the help of my princess.
All ready to pack and store away into the container and kids stomach
Here's the recipe :-Ingredient
70g corn flakes
1) Melt butter, sugar and honey till mixutre becomes frothy
2) Add in corn flakes all at once and stir to mix well
3) Spoon mixture into small paper cups
4) Bake at 150c for 10-12 mins
175g plain flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
4-5 ring of pineapple from canned
1/4 cup of pineapple juice from canned
1) Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
2) Cream butter with sugar until mixture is light and fluffy
3) Add eggs one at a time and finally stir in vanilla
4) Add in flour alternate with pineapple juice
5) Bake at 180c for 45 - 55 mins
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
100g crispy pork floss
1 small packet of ready popiah skin (cut into 4 square portion)
Egg white (act as a glue to seal the end of the popiah skin after fold)
Below is the steps on how to do the roll
Finally deep fry the roll
Will follow up later with the picture of the fried Pork Floss Roll
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
- Use a mini hand mixer to mix the flour & sugar
- Mix egg & milk in a separate bowl
- Pour egg mixture into the flour and mix well
- Cover the batter for a hour (i didn't follow that as i couldn't wait that long to get it pancake ready for school)
- Finally scoop a spoonful and fry with some butter until golden over at a flat pan
Monday, January 12, 2009
Princess loves posing for me, whenever she sees me snapping picture of my bake.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Add one egg at a time and continue beating
- Add in flour and beat well till mixture is smooth and pale
- Fold in blueberries till will mix
- Spoon batter into muffin cup
- Bake for 20 mins at 175c
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Bananas with Chocolate crepes on pan before roll to serve
Top was ham & cheese crepes, the other is bananas with chocolate ready to serve.
Ingredients3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
1 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 tsp vanilla
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients mix until smooth
- Heat up the lightly oil flat pan. I pour in about 2 scoops of mini ladle batter onto the pan. Tilt pan in circuitlar motion so that the batter can coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe until the bottom light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn over and cook the other side.
- When cook you may put in your choice of filling and roll them and ready to eat.
- Repeat with remaining batter
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Got a special request from prince for his lunch box. Prince favourite Quiche
Pooh shape bread
Monday, January 5, 2009
This time round, i added some chocolate chip to enhance the bite & taste of the chocolate bread
Princess is a small eater, so here's her mini lunch box
Sunday, January 4, 2009
- Combine all ingredients, stir until sugar is well dissolved.
- Heat up oil in wok for deep frying, put moulds in the hot oil and heat it for about 5 mins. Dip mould into batter mixture carefully until 90% full, deep-fry over medium heat until the biscuits left from the mould
- Continue deep frying until golden brown and crispy, remove from the hot oil, drain on kitchen paper.
note : The thickness of the rose biscuits is depending on the quantity of the water or coconut milk. If mixture is slight watery, it turn thin, but if is thicker, it'll be slight harder and crispy.
I spoil a couple of biscuits before getting the temperature & the momentum right.
My princess wanted to pose for my agar agar, she said she help me to decorate the mini agar agar jelly.
What's the difference?
The green box was Almond Cookies with Whole Almond, the other box is just normal mini chip almond cookies.
So which is my favourite ?
The green box one. Well, I'm actually not bother about it. I just loves eating them, irregardless it's whole or chips. It's my favourite and now are sold here.
Yummy ! I can eat to my whole heart content.
Friday, January 2, 2009
Lets take a sneak here what he's going to eat later during his recess time today.
2 slices white bread
1 tbsp plain flour
- Beat eggs into the bowl until well mix.
- Add in plain flour and mix well. Set aside for later use
- Spread peanut butter on 1 side of the bread than butter on the other side and hold them together
- Coat them with the egg batter
- I used a non stick oil pan and had the oil omitted
- When golden brown in colour remove from pan
- Place 1 slice of butter on top of the toast or spread over it to give the toast a nice butter taste
* The balance batter i managed to use it for another 3 slices of french toast