Sunday, December 31, 2017
I got slice onion, carrot lay on the baking tray
placed chicken on top
Add chicken stock
Some unpeel garlic are stuff inside the chicken
Sent to oven 180c 30mins or more if required.
Verdict: very tender n juicy
Sunday, October 22, 2017
Finally I took my courage to make this with my left over tapioca. I loves this snack so so much, usually i will buy them from pasar malam. the only setback it is quite oily. I got this recipe many years ago but was not courageous enough to try make them on my own.
Now proven it's worth making, it taste n feel like what was selling at the pasar malam with less oil n less sweet. loving it so much as I could DIY anytime. sure this is a keeper.
Here's the down size portion
333g grated tapioca
100g castor sugar
40g top flour (sieved)
83g grated white coconut
3g pandan juice + dash green colouring
1. mix everything together with a spoon pushing it to & fro.
2. preheat frying pan with some olive oil
3. use a small ladle to scoop and drop onto the pan. smoothen it to a round shape. flip to the other side when cooked or when u smell the fragrance.
Friday, October 13, 2017
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Inspiration from onsen-tamago
* 4 refridgrated large eggs
1000 ml water
200 ml tap water (a bit colder than room temp)
1/4 cup dashi
1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
3 g katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes)
1 green onion/ scallion (for garnish)
finely shredded seaweed for garnish
* I used ready dashi-based soy sauce
1. add 1000ml water in a small pot, cover & bring it to boil
2. once boiling, remove the pot from the heat.
- takeout the eggs from the fridge
- add 200ml cold tap water and gently submerge the cold eggs into the hot water
- immediately cover and set timer for 17 mins or longer
self made sauce
- combine dashi, mirin and soy sauce in a small sauce pan and bring to boil
- add katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes) and turn off the heat
- let katsuobushi sink at the bottom of pan
- after 40 sec or so, strain thru the strainer and set the sauce aside for use
cut scallion into thin slices and set aside
once 17 mins have passed, take the eggs out gently & set aside for 5 mins
Sunday, August 20, 2017
Bake tin : 7x7x3 square tin (lined w grease proof paper)
60ml hot veg oil (microwave 40 sec)
90g top flour sieved
90 ml warm milk (microwave 30 sec)
6 egg yolks
8 egg white
80g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt (or less)
4 slices cheddar cheese
1. in a heat proof mixing bowl, mix flour with hot oil till flour well blend without lump
2. stir in warm milk & egg yolk until smooth
3. In the clean bowl whisk egg whites & salt till floamy
4. add in sugar gradually and beat till soft peaks form
5. Fold in the egg white mixture in 3 parts into the egg yolk mixture.
6. pour half of the batter into the lined baking tin
7. placed 4 slices of cheese on top of the batter and cover with the remaining batter gently
8. give a light knock on the tin to release large air bubble
9. bake at a pre heat oven at 150 c for 50 mins
500g bread flour
35g cake flour
70g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
8g instant yeast
320 ml warm milk (30 sec microwave)
2 tsp bamboo Charcoal powder
50 g butter
Method using breadmaker
* all ingredient need goes into the BM.
last will be flour and yeast.
- choose soft bread option. Loaf baked all done in about 2.5 hrs
Monday, July 31, 2017
My very first time having such a beautiful pretty smiley 鸡蛋糕。Felt so rewarding. homemade traditional sponge cake is really good and nice. As I can cut down the sweetness compare to those selling and it's fresh !
180g castor sugar
230g hk flour
1/2 cup 7 up
1. use high speed beat eggs till fluffy
2. add in sugar gradually & continue beating till well blend. off power
3. fold in flour in 3 portions
4. add 7 up & use hand mixer to mix well
5. pour the mixture into linen cup to 90-95% full.
6. be generous sprinkle sugar on top of the batter to form a cross
6. on the pre heat steamer. place the cuppies on the steam rack and steam for 15 mins for a tray of 8 cups. ( the batter is enough for 2 round of 8 cuppies)
Monday, July 10, 2017
Easy made for dinner
3 pcs pork chop meat
1 box Higasgimaru Agezuni Tonkatsu (seasoning powder for pork) w 3 small individual pack
3 plastic bags
1. place each piece of pork chop into a plastic bag pour in 1 pack of the seasoning. Give the bag it a good shake. leaves it aside for 10 mins
2. flatten the meat inside the bag. ensure the seasoning are spread out. Let it rest in shape for another 10-15 mins
3. pan fry with some oil or air fry.
Sunday, May 14, 2017
1 packet Chi Chang brand stir fried shitake mushroom vermicelli
100g Portobello mushroom (sliced)
1) I used corning ware. put water & sauce & vermicelli from the prepacked into the pot.
2) cover and let it cooked till water dry. Give it a good stir n mix. add a little if needed.
3) on a separate pan stir fried mushroom w butter
4) lastly add the cooked mushroom to the cooked vermicelli
Wednesday, May 10, 2017
2 large russet potatoes peeled n sliced
1.5 tbsp corn flour
50g cheddar cheese or more
pepper salt to taste
1. grease baking tray lay sliced potatoes in layers. set aside.
2. Melt butter in a pan, add milk, corn flour. stir well.
3. Lastly add cheese and pepper salt.
4. pour cheese sauce over the potatoes.
5. bake 200c 30 mins or till golden colour.
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Got this new easy make Thai green curry paste from 2017 Thai Festival @ Orchard road thai embassy yesterday. 👍👍👍
1 packet green curry paste (brand - kanokwan)
240 ml coconut milk
300 g chicken fillet (cube)
240 ml water
some kaffir & basil leaves
1 pc de-seed red chilli sliced
1 small eggplant (cube)
1. Add green curry paste & coconut milk in a pot over medium heat. Stir till oil appear on top.
2. add chicken, stir till meat thoroughly cooked
3. Add in water, bring to boil.
4. Add in kaffir, basil leaves, chilli and lastly eggplant.
4. Bring to boil
Sunday, April 30, 2017
300g chicken fillets
40 gm breadcrumb (add more if needed)
50gm gated parmesan cheese
1 egg beaten
pepper salt to taste
dash basil leave
100g pizza plus cheese
1) marinate chicken fillet with pepper salt
2) combine breadcrumb with parmesan cheese. mix well in a plate.
3) dip chicken in beaten egg. coat generously with breadcrumb mix.
4) grease the baking tray in airfryer at 180c . layer the chicken on the tray for 10 mins and flip side for another 10 mins. increase the bake time if required.
5) when chicken are golden in colour & cooked. put in and spread out the shredded cheese. Sprinkle some basil. Baked for another 8 mins or till cheese is nicely melt.
Sunday, March 19, 2017
500 g chicken fillet cut in cube
stir fry with olive oil & pepper salt and set aside
1 cup nestum cereal
1 tbsp low fat milk powder
1 tbsp sugar
1) heat wok w 50g butter w 10-15 pcs of curry leaves.
2) pour in the cereal for a quick fry. ensure fire not too big.
3) lastly in goes the chicken meat & mix them well with the cereal
Saturday, January 21, 2017
300g plain flour )
1/2 tsp baking powder ) sieve together
100g icing sugar
1/4 tsp bi carbonate soda
1/4 tsp fine salt
75g ground green peas (ready from sun lik)
170ml oil (i used knife brand - peanut add canola oil)
1. Mix flour, baking powder, icing sugar, bi carbonate soda, salt, green peas powder together
2. Slowly add oil n knead into a dough w a spoon
3. Shape into small balls
4. Preheat oven bake @ 170 c for 20 mins
Sunday, January 15, 2017
300g minced beef marinate w HP sauce, pepper salt
pan fry the beef w olive oil
set aside for later use
- fill the Collezione inside w beef
- arrange on baking dish
- sprinkle w shredded cheese
- mix desire amount of cooking cream w fresh milk & (pepper salt if desired)
- add half tbsp corn flour to thicken sauce. Finally add in more shredded cheese & mix well in sauce pan.
Remove from fire
Pour sauce over the Collezione and bake @ 180c for 10 - 15mins