Friday, November 28, 2008
This was the best dish at the buffet. My creation ... " Brownie with ice cream ". I've ate to my heart content and had 3 round serving of it. No wonder my cough still haven't recover and my dear friends here are still teasing me about the ice cream i took till now :p
Sunday, November 23, 2008
1 small box S&B Golden Curry sauce mix - Hot
2 small tray of chicken fillet fm Cold Storage (cut to cube)
3 med potatoes (cut to cube)
1 carrot (cut to cube)
onions (eliminate - i don't like eating)
2 1/2 cups water
- I used my favourite Tanyu pot to stir fry chicken in butter
- Add in potatoes & carrots
- Add water and bring to boil
- make sure potatoes & carrots are cooked and soft.
- break in the curry sauce mix into piece and stir till completely melted
- stir constantly and serve hot over rice
I've added some furikake on the steamed rice to make it more tasty
Proudly presenting you my suceessful Pandan Chiffon Cake.
Here's the original from Prima, i've made some modification to it.
4 Egg Yolks
50g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
35ml Canola oil / corn / vegetable
100ml coconut milk }
1 tsp pandan paste } mix
100g Top flour / plain flour }
1 tsp baking powder } sift together
5 Egg whites
50gm castor sugar }
1/4 tsp cream of tartar } mix
- Using hand whisk mix (A) until well blended. Add (B) and mix well
- On a separate bowl, whisk egg whites until soft peaks from using high speed until foamy. Add sugar & cream of tartar, continue whipping until stiff (like snow) * Don't overbeat and this process are done in a very quick manner.
- Quickly use a spatula take 1/4 of the meringue and slowly fold into the egg yolk mixture in the earlier bowl. Mix until well combine. Finally add in the remaining meringue and mix well
- Pour mixture into an ungreased chiffon tin and bake for about 40-45 mins @ 170c. * Bake at the lower rack (i used 4 mini chiffon tins fm Daiso and 1 smaller PH mini chiffon tin)
- Immediately turn tin over on a cake rack to cool before loosening cake
Personally i preferred the mini chiffon tin from Daiso. Mainly the quality is stainless steel and is bigger in size as compared to PH one. To make it even more convincing it was cheap and good.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
This week will be filled with heavy baking as well as a busy personal and work week. Lots of happening.
Today is mei school meet-the-parent session, bake this for her teachers. As for son is a sharing with his friends.
1 1/2 cups castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp milk
2 cups mashed banana (I used red meat bananas)
2 cups plain flour (sift together with 1 tsp bicarbonate soda and 1 tsp baking powder)
2 bananas (sliced) as topping
- Cream butter & sugar in a mixing bowl
- Add in eggs, vanilla esscence, milk and mix well
- Add mashed banana into the mixture and mix well
- Finally add in sifted flour and mix well
- Pour into the cuppies and add in a slice of banana
- Bake at 175c for 20-25 mins
It's really soft and moist
Will be baking chocolate chip cookie on Wed for Mei Thursday year end class party.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Cos i went to wrap the cake tin with a alumimum foil to prevent leakage. (hahah ... me really 画蛇添足) By doing that my cake base was not probably bake only the top layer can be eaten.
Another mistake i made was, i forgot to add in the flour just before pouring the batter into the bake tin. (aiyo so forgetful... sign of age). Thanksfully the result of the cake still turn out well, though with some hipcup here and there.
I uses Rei, Alex Goh recipe and modifiy a little here and there and now becomes like this ...
4 eggs yolks
30g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
40g canola oil (alternative choice veg / corn oil)
130g UHT milk
3 tbsp Milo
1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
* 120g cake flour
* 1/2 tbsp baking powder
* sift 2 x
5 egg whites
80g castor sugar } mix
1/2 tsp cream of tartar }
- Mix (A) until well blend. Add (B) and mix well
- In a separate bowl whisk egg whites in (C) until soft peaks form. Add in sugar & cream of tartar. Continue whipping until stiff (this process should be very quick)
- Take 1/4 of the meringue and mix with the egg yolk mixture from step (1) until well combined. Add the remaining meringue and mix well.
- Pour the batter into food cake tin and bake at 170c for 40-45 mins
- Immediately remove from oven and invert the pan and let it cool
- When it is cool, remove it from the mould
Friday, November 7, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Btw, i had done a couple of test. It has proven its effectiveness. I'm extremely happy with the result so were my family and went back to the departmental store to buy more.
Here's the after bake, see pretty pose by mei
The texture was not as smooth can feel some cornmeal, maybe need to double sift the cornmeal. Other than that it taste alright, though not very much like Kenny Roger Corn Muffin.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
This was my last minutes decision to bake some cupcake but i don't have much time for icing decor and the weather this afternoon was just too hot for me to go PH to buy the ready icing. So i just went to the computer and have the picture printed out instead. Still nice nice ah...