Tuesday, November 9, 2010
This is the size that I usually get ... 2 kg shredded chedder cheese. The usual brand that i used are out of stock, so will need to make do with any brand now.
Now I'll need to observe how fast this packet of cheese run out ?
Opening ceremony : 5 Nov 10
Event : Cheese Bread
Sunday, October 24, 2010
70g semi sweet Hershey chocolate chip
50 ml canola oil
6 egg yolks
1 tsp chocolate paste
35g castor sugar
110g plain flour
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
6 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
35g castor sugar
* If not using semi sweet chocolate, you could change the sugar back to total 100gm
- Melt (A) over double boiler. Remove from double boiler and let it cool down.
- Add (B) into the cooled down chocolate and mix until well combined
- Beat egg whites until frothy, add cream of tartar and sugar and beat till stiff peak
- Fold 1/2 of the egg whites into chocolate mixture gently with a rubber spatula until just blended.
- Pour the balance cholocate mixture into chocolate mixture and continue to fold in gently
- Pour the batter into a chiffon and bake it for 40min at 180c
- When the cake is cooked, invert the cake to cool. remove the cake from the cake pan when it's completely cool
Monday, October 4, 2010
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Even this honey star cookies has always been in my thoughts. Until today i got good reason of making it all in the name of "Children's Day". My daughter class is having a party, so each one need to contribute some food over. Hmmm ... now you see why the engine got started.
Making this cookie is rather easy too, can't really brag about it. Lets get moving now ...
140g melted butter
55g castor sugar
170g self raising flour (sifted)
1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
Garnishing - Honey Star
- Beat butter and sugar till creamy
- Add flour, bicarbonate soda & nestum and just combined till it form dough
- Roll into small ball or scoop and drop onto the greased baking tray
- Garnish it with honey star
- Bake at 175c for 12 - 15 mins
Sunday, August 29, 2010
Without deny for pancake, it really goes well with maple syrup and bananas.
1tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
30g caster sugar
* 30g unsalted butter for frying the pancake
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt into the mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar with a wooden spoon and leave to one side
- Crack the egg into a bowl, add it to the milk and whisk them together.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture into the flour and beat them and gently fold in the blueberries (if any) taking care not to crush them
- Over a medium heat, melt the quarter of the butter in a large frying pan. When the butter begins to bubble, you are ready to start cooking
Finally, i came out with this My Cooking Experiment-Chocolate Bananas Cake
and Best recipes - Custard Cake. Simply i just put the 2 cakes together and decorate it a little. Thou there're hipcup here and there, the cake is done up and edible. hahhaha
1) Base - Custard Cake
2 1/2 cups self raising flour
250g butter at room temperature
2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup castor sugar
3/4 cup custard powder
1/2 cup milk
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix with electric mixer until just combined
- Pour into the 8" round tin. Cook for 1 hour @ 180c
65g butter, sogten at room temp
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup self raising flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 tsp soda bicarbonate
1/2 cup milk
- Grease the 6" round tin
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa, soda bicarbonate & milk with an electric mixer on low until just combined
- then beat on medium speed till smooth
- pour into pan at 180c for 30-35 mins
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
This year we decided to celebrate his birthday at home with his school mates. It's a Wii's party = theme "Super Mario".
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Cheddered cheese bite (shaped bread toast with shredded cheese)
Monday, July 19, 2010
I don't have much ingredient, only fish ball and chye sim. It would be nice to go with prawn, squid etc...
500g hor fun
1 packet of cooked fishball
5g chopped garlic (add more if you like)
4 stalks chye sim (cut and boil)
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 can of clear chicken broth (史云生) 399ml
3 tsp abalone sauce
2 light soya sauce
3 dash of pepper salt
Thickening Glaze (mix well)
3 tbsp corn flour
4 tbsp water
- Heat up wok until smoky hot. Add hor fun, light soya sauce and stir fry until very hot and well mixed. Dish onto a serving plate
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and fry chopped garlic till fragrant. Add in the sauce.
- Before adding in the thickening glaze give it a good stir. Stir quickly to get creamy sauce.
- Lastly add lightly beaten egg and off fire. Pour sauce over fried hor fun and serve
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Pastry Ingredients (I made abt 63 pcs)
250g Butter (melted)
1/4 tsp Vanilla essence
1/4 tsp Pandan paste
650g sifted plain flour
125g ground peanut
50g fine sugar
(All mix together)
- Mix A evenly in a mixing bowl
- Add in B, mix till well combined
- Add in C and make into a dough
- Take some dough and wrap with some peanut fillings
- Shape the dough and nip it with pattern
- Bake at 180c for 20 mins
- Remove from oven, when cool sprinkle with icing sugar
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
I was quite skeptical about having fish for my dinner, cos I'm not a fishy person and i don't eat fish. Anyway, while walking into the dinning area, we passed by the market area... quite fishy smell though. When we reached our dinner table, no more fishy smell. Instead we got compensated back with the delicious food...
For sure, i didn't order fish.
Here's my SURF ‘N’ TURF + MEAT (Steak with lobster) - Oiishi
Monday, June 28, 2010
Today kids are back to school. A sneak of son lunch box. Cheese Bread, M&M cookies & Cherry. Got the same items for my gals just minus the cherry.
I've use a different recipe for my usual cheese bread this round, result well received
500g bread flour
100g castor sugar
15g milk powder
10g instant yeast
240g cold water
50g soft butter
Sequence per Bread Maker - choose dough option
Thursday, June 24, 2010
When the pizza is ready, I could see my kids smiles beaming away.
Friday, June 18, 2010
Bake this Peach Cheesecake for my mama birthday.
120g digestive biscuits
60g butter, melted
- Put biscuits in a plastic bag and crush it with rolling pin
- In a bowl add melted butter and mix well with the biscuit crumb
- Press into a 8" springform / detachable cake tin. Refrigerate for abt 30 mins
Ingredients - Filling
250g cream cheese
60g brown sugar
1 can peach - 300 gm cube peach, balance peach slice them for decoration
200g Marigold non fat yoghurt peach mango
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth
- Add egg and mix well
- Mix cube peach, yogurt and cheese mixture together
- Pour mixture into chilled base and bake at 180c for 40 -45 mins or until firm.
- Need to refrigerate after cool and serve with top peach slice