Monday, December 1, 2008

Chocolate Bread

I got a new book on Saturday "面包DIY Home Bread". There were 2 recipes that caught my eyes and couldn't decide which to make. Since the ingredient qty look reasonable (half of my usual bake), so i decided to bake both.

My dear princess wanted to be in the picture before i send the bread to the oven. Anyway she helped me with the egg wash.

Not a very clear shot, but the texture of the bread is really soft and I'm really satisfied.

Ingredients
300g Bread flour
5g milk powder
3g bread improver
10g choc powder
50g castor sugar
1/2 tsp salt
30g egg
180g cold water
7.5g instant yeast
1/2tsp choc elmuco
15g butter
15g shortening

Method
  1. I used my BM to knead the dough. (uses the normal BM sequence)
  2. After remove fm BM cover the dough and rest for 30 mins
  3. Divide into 40g each. Let them prove for 10 mins. Roll into balls
  4. Arrange into a square greased tin. Let it prove double in size, brush with egg wash
  5. Bake at 180c for 20-25 mins

No comments: