Monday, December 15, 2008

Pineapple cake

Here's a belated birthday cake for my MIL. As usual a last mins noticed from hubby. Need to search thru' all the recipe and come out with an easy & ready ingredients at home.

As my SIL family was picking my family up to my in law place, so no time to waste. Once the cake was out of the oven, pop out it goes into the box and off we run.

Though rushy job but result was encouraging and worth it. The cake was moist and soft, tasty but not too sweet. Cake was well rec'd by all (what a relief on my 1st attempt). I'll be back for more with this bake. Here is my bake #2 on Sunday.
Ingredients
Topping
6 slices rings pineapple
3 glazed cherries (sliced to half)

Cake
160g castor sugar
165g butter
3 eggs
175g flour
1 1/2 baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/4 cup pineapple juice (fm the can of pineapple)

* optional
mix in some chopped pineapple to the batter to add some texture

Methods
  1. Grease the 8" round cake pan. Arrange the pineapple slices and place the cherry in the centre of each pineapple ring. Set aside
  2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside
  3. Cream butter and sugar until mixture is light and fluffy. Add in 1 egg at a time and add in vanilla.
  4. Add flour mixture alternate with pineapple juice, beat them well
  5. Fold in the chopped pineapple (optional) before pouring the batter to the prepared pan (side note : fill the cake to slightly more than half of the pan, need make way for the raise of the cake. I pour the remain and make into a mini pineapple cake for my mom)
  6. Bake at 180c for 45 - 55 mins or until the test comes out clean. Let the cake cool in te pan on rack for 15mins. Run thru' the cake side before invert the cake onto the plate. (I've omitted this part of cooling the cake, as i'm in a real rush otherwise the look of the cake would have been nicer w/o the crack)

No comments: