Monday, December 15, 2008

Snowman Bread

Quite an intensive baking on Sunday. Here's my bake #1

I used my BM for the dough. I actually did 2 types of bread snowman & otah. (different filling & shaping) with the same dough. I did only 5 snowmans and about 6 round otah buns. I forgot to take a snap of the otah bun.
Ingredients
330g bread flour
7.5g instant yeast
195g cold water
1/8 tsp bread improver
20g egg
60g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
30g butter

Filling
chocolate chips (for eyes & head filling)
sliced cheese (body filling)
biscuit stick (nose)
honey star (button)
sprinkle (scarf)
(mix icing sugar + warm water and use it as glue)

For otah bun, I used my favourite Muar prawn otah. I cooked the otah separately before adding it as a filling when shaping the dough

Methods
  1. Put in the ingredients according to your normal BM sequence.
  2. Let the dough rest for 1-1 1/2 hr
  3. Divide the dough to 20g snowman head, 40g body. Shape it to the respective shape and with filling inside. Let them rest for 5-10 mins and again prove double size or so
  4. Egg wash before bake at 180 for 10-12mins

1 comment:

Cookie said...

This is sooo cute! I want to do this also :-)))