Saturday, August 22, 2009

Herbal Jelly 龟苓膏

Sick virus has been spreading actively in my household since NPD. After my prince recovered, my daughter was down with fever since National Day and lasted for 5 days. Followed by my mom and myself. Finally now i've recovered except an occasion cough. Only yesterday i started my 1st making ... Herbal Jelly 龟苓膏. My friend KK has helped to buy this Herbal Jelly powder from M'sia 余仁生.
Preparation :
  1. Pour 1 packet of 50g herbal jelly powder into a bowl
  2. Add in 250ml cool water and mix well
  3. Bring to boil 1 litre of water, add in 150g sugar (i used rock sugar)
  4. Turn to low flame then pour in the herbal jelly mixture and continuously stir for 10 mins
  5. Filter (I felt not necessary, which I felt not too much different as i did half with filter and the balance not) the boiled herbal jelly mixture and pour it into a bowl. Leave to cool and ready to serve.