Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Durian Cake

After watching Friday morning 早安您好! Last Sunday evening, my hubby & I went down to Hong Kah Point (nearest mrt - Lakeside) to get Durian. Durian range from 50cents onwards, but 50 cents & $1 durian the stall holder don't choose and open (so DIY-pick n choose @ own risk) $2 above than the stall holder will help to open, no packaging provided. They just put them into a big bag.



















That's how we dabao the durian home

Finally, i got the opportunity to use the BiscuitCode-Durian recipe do the bake now.

Ingredients
170g mashed durian flesh (i used 260g)
250g butter
180g sugar (i used 150g)
5 eggs
240g flour (sifted)
2 tsp baking powder (sifted)

Methods
  1. Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
  2. Add one egg at a time and continue beating
  3. Add in durian and beat for 2 1/2 mins. Add in flour and baking powder. Pour batter into a greased and lines 25cm x 25cm baking tray. Smoothen the top with a spatula
  4. Bake at 180c for 40-50 mins or till cake is done

2 comments:

Cookie said...

I love durian!!! and you cake makes me want to dash out to get some durian too.

BTW I get durians from the same market too!!! What a coincidence. The raw fish porridge at the nearby hawker centre is good too - have you tried it?

Art of Eating said...

Hi Cookie,

It's my 1st time at Hong Kah. Oh... I noticed that store there long Q. I had the fishball noodle instead, pretty good too ... but i paid S$4 for that cos ask for 鱼胶