120g caster sugar (i find a little sweet, will reduce to 100g)
100g plain flour (sifted)
1tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp canola oil
- Beat eggs in a mixer at low speed till frothy.
- Add sugar gradually and beat at Med speed for a full 4mins till pale yellow and triple its volume
- Switch mixer to low speed and add in vanilla essence. Add flour to the egg mixture quickly. Beat for a few second and switch off mixer as soon the ingredients are combined. Do not overbeat
- Scoop out some mixture (approximate 2 cups) into a bowl and add cooking oil to it. fold the mixture till the oil is well incorporated into the mixture.
- Pour the oil mixture back into the egg mixture and fold lightly till all are combined. Do not overmix
- Transfer mixture to a jar with a spout. Pour mixture into paper lined cup till about 85% full
- Bake at 180c for 20mins