Here's the pot I use for steaming
This is the cake without cosmetic
Cake after dress up
I love this as no oven nor electric mixer needed. Simple simple utensil all available at home.
Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake
150g unsalted butter
170g castor sugar
200ml evaporated milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
125g plain flour
70g Valrhona cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter has melted Remove from heat.
- Add the beaten eggs into the slightly cooled mixture and stir till well mixed.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs mixture over the flour and stir till smooth. (Batter should be runny)
- Heat the up the steamer. Lined and grease a 8" round baking pan. Pour the batter into prepared pan and place into the steamer. Cover the top of the pan loosely with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Steam over medium heat for 45 minutes. Insert a skewer into the cake to check if it comes out clean. If not, steam for a further 5 minutes.
- Cool the cake in pan before turning out for frosting.
- Mix all ingredients well (except the butter). Stir over double boiler at low heat till thickened. (it takes about 10mins to thicken)
- Turn off fire, add in butter and stir it till melt.
- Spread the warm fudge over the cake to coast evenly.
- Chill the cake a little in fridge before serving.