Monday, October 26, 2009

Chocolate Rolls with Nutella Chocolate Rice

Kids said they wanted chocolate rolls vs custard cream puffs. Hmmm no more escaping for me, as i always find it very challenging making swiss rolls and envy others alot when they did one. I had been asked many times by my dear friends, when will I get my hands on swiss roll making. We even talk about it this afternoon. Yeah, yeah finally I get myself moving and proud to say, I have overcome my fear ...

Presenting you my chocolate rolls with Nutella chocolate rice

DH said very nice the chocolate roll. He said if I put more Nutella and chocolate rice would be better. Too bad this round princess said she don't want too much of that. Hmmm ... note note next time.
Ingredients
3 eggs (separate 2 yolks & 2 white)
80g caster sugar
60g cake flour
4 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp chocolate paste
Filling :- Nutella & chocolate rice

Method
  1. Line the roll cake 11" x 11" baking tray with a piece of 15" x 15" greaseproof paper
  2. In the first bowl, place 2 yolks and 1 egg beat well. Add 40g sugar, continue beating and add chocolate paste
  3. On a separate bowl, beat eggs white with mixer till foamy. Add 40g sugar gradually and continue beat till stiff peak
  4. Use a spatula take 1/4 of the meringue and slowly fold into the chocolate mixture in the earlier bowl. Mix until well combine. Finally add in the remaining meringue and mix well
  5. Sift flour over the egg mixture and fold gently
  6. Pour in the milk and fold gently. Do not overmix
  7. Bake at 175c for 20 mins
  8. Lift the cake out of the tray and place on a flat surface. Start to roll the cake at the same time peel off the paper when roll.
  9. Unroll the cake and spread Nutella and sprinkle chocolate rice on the surface and re-roll. Cool cake before slicing

4 comments:

Cookie said...

you are one up leh - until now I trying to muster enough courage to make a rolled cake; the thought of breaking the cake is so daunting!

Art of Eating said...

kekekek ... no choice lor gonna put on a brave front to do, since the kids ask for it. Just Do It like Nike slogon. :p

Jen said...

Wow great work Yin! The chcolate roll looks really good. =)

Art of Eating said...

Thanks Jen,

Me still need to refine it better. kekeke. In fact I roll the cake like a sushi roll on a mat. OMG